Our vision is that the patient comes first, with a strong reverence for life; we will promote patient/physician trust, patient education and access to quality healthcare services.
Our Mission clarifies our Department’s purpose and acts as the benchmark against which we judge our actions and decisions.
- To our patients, we use our expertise to provide the best possible care.
- To our community, we are responsive to their needs including safe and timely treatment and prevention, and facilitating the development of a healthy community.
- To ourselves, we are a department that is never satisfied with the status quo; dedicated to continually improving patient care, creating innovative learning opportunities for all learners, and advancing knowledge through research excellence.
The Department of Medicine’s values are our compass, shaping our actions, reactions and behaviours.
In all we do, we value:
- Achieving excellence through innovation and quality improvement
- Compassionate, patient-centered care
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Accountability to our communities
- Trust-based relationships
- Respect for diversity
The department of Medicine is the physician specialist department of the Suntreso Government Hospital which renders medical and consultancy service as well as offer training and conduct research.
The Department has multiple domains of clinical, academic, research, and quality endeavors that both provide top tier hospital and preoperative care, and provide a sustainable, rewarding hospital medicine career for our care providers.
Staffs within the department have opportunities to rotate between the clinical areas thereby increasing the scope of practice. Nurses within the unit become multi-skilled through exposure to the broad age spectrums and critical illness presentations
An outreach nursing and medical service is provided through the provision of a medical emergency team to the various communities.
Patients are placed in individual bed spaces with ready access to all the equipment that should be required to care safely for the patient. Rooms are available for infection control purposes.
We serve as educators to the next generation of hospital based providers, perform research to advance the field of hospital medicine, and strive to deliver an outstanding patient experience in all phases of care.
- To work collaboratively with our units and other departments.
- To be accountable for outcomes on our unit.
- To promote an open environment that fosters creativity and innovation.
- To be motivated and inspire confidence.
- To demonstrate high standards and a high level of professionalism.
- To know each other’s opinions are valued.
- To treat each other with courtesy, consideration, and professional respect